Fall isn’t officially here yet, but fall is most definitely in the air.
Fall brings some of the best apples around, especially here in Washington State.
Here is another breakfast recipe for you to enjoy, Saturday morning pancakes just got healthy!!
Apple Cinnamon Protein Pancakes
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 medium apple, peeled, sliced
- ¾ tsp. ground cinnamon, divided use
- 4 large egg whites (½ cup)
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 scoop whey protein powder, vanilla flavor (or Beachbody Base Shake)
- ¼ cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 2 Tbsp. coconut flour
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. ground ginger
- 1 dash ground nutmeg
- Heat medium nonstick skillet lightly coated with spray over medium-low heat.
- Add apple and ¼ tsp. cinnamon; cook, stirring constantly for 3 to 4 minutes, or until apple is soft. Remove from heat. Set aside.
- Combine egg whites, applesauce, and almond milk in a small bowl; mix well. Set aside.
- Combine protein powder, oats, coconut flour, baking powder, remaining ½ tsp. cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg in a medium bowl; mix well.
- Add applesauce mixture to oat mixture; mix until just blended.
- Heat large nonstick skillet lightly coated with spray over medium heat. Ladle about ¼ cup batter for each pancake; cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until bubbles form on top. Flip. Cook for 90 seconds, or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Divide pancakes between three serving plates. Top evenly with cooked apple slices.