Wow, September started and my weeks filled up between meetings, events, and family time – things sure got crazy around our house.
We have a family date night planned and I’m thinking this BBQ Chicken Flatbread Pizza and a gorgeous green salad will be just the thing.
Do you plan family date nights, how crazy does your schedule get in September?
Fall is amazing, and perhaps that’s why we love it so, it goes by in a whirl of activity and excitement!
Chicken BBQ Flatbread Pizza
- 2 whole wheat flat breads (or 6½-inch whole wheat pitas)
- ½ cup barbecue sauce, reduced-sugar
- 1½ cups shredded cooked chicken breast
- ½ cup canned black beans, drained, rinsed
- ½ cup corn kernels
- ½ medium red onion, chopped
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Place flatbreads on a large baking sheet.
- Spread barbecue sauce evenly on flatbreads.
- Top flatbreads evenly with chicken, black beans, corn, onion, and cheese.
- Bake for 5 to 8 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Top evenly with cilantro and drizzle with lime juice. Serve immediate