As I sit here on Sunday evening, hungry and in need of a snack, I grabbed carrots and hummus.
I’ve made my own hummus a number of times, but we have these snack cups to go through…seriously though, wishing for my hummus!
Here is my original hummus recipe:
- 1 (15 oz.) can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), reserve liquid
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic
- ¼ cup tahini (sesame butter)
- Sea salt (to taste; optional)
- Paprika (for garnish; optional)
1. Place chickpeas, lemon juice, oil, and garlic in food processor or blender and pulse until chickpeas are mashed.
2. Add tahini; pulse for 1 minute. If hummus is too thick, add some of the reserved chickpea liquid. Add salt if desired.
3. Garnish with paprika if desired